Friday, May 11, 2012

Lily Pad Cards Rainy Day Challenge

Hello, friends! I'd like to share my card that I'm submitting for Lily Pad Cards Rainy Day Challenge. The requirement is to use rain or anything rain related on your card. I decided to go with umbrellas. Big surprise, huh?

I love Memory Box dies, and I love umbrellas. So it was a no brainer for me to get their umbrella die. It's so cute!


I die cut three umbrellas from some cheery Amy Tangerine Sketchbook papers. I wanted to create a happy card because here in Hawaii, we use the umbrella to block out the sun, more than we do the rain.


I layered the umbrellas on a piece of chevron patterned paper from Lawn Fawn, and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things. The yellow paper is also from the Sketchbook line, and I purposely chose the spattered portion for a bit of interest. A touch of bling and the card was done.

Visit Lily Pad Cards for lots of inspiration from the design team, and while you're there, check out the other challenges they have going on.

Have a crafty weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:

18 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Donna! The chevron background mimics rain beautifully! Adorable, colorful umbrellas too! I'm so glad you decided to play with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Donna, Love it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those umbrellas are so bright and cheery... perfect for a day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and I love the colours. Please send some sun and warmth over here to the UK because it's been raining for ages and it's not very warm either x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Donna. Very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna what a gorgeous, cheery, fun card. I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute umbrellas on a card! matches you to a tee! lol! hope all is well and that you had a fabulous Mother's Day! take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW So Cute So Cute So Cute!!! Love this....

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wht a fun umbrellas!!! love the fun colors and pattern combo

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so fun and delightful, Donna! love the mix of patterns. super card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, isn't this card just moxie fab! Love it (sung in my high pitched operatic voice.) I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Donna - congrats on the Moxie Fab Shout Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, you so deserve the MF shout out, Donna! LOVE your gorgeous three umbrella card as it is PERFECT for your blog :) Have a FABULOUS weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card. love the design and colors you used for the umbrellas. Congrats on the Moxie fab world shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card. I popped over here from Moxie Fab World and I realised that I've seen many of your cards before in various challenges and I like them a lot. I'm going to become your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete