Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fresh Squeezed Stamps--Week 2


Here we are in week two of Fresh Squeezed Stamps' 12 Days of Christmas. 
Did you play along with last week's caption game? This week's game is Dear Santa--
a form letter to Santa with blanks for you to fill in.
 The most creative letter will win a Fresh Squeezed set of their choice!

  (ETA: The winner has been chosen. Go here to see the winner's fun letter to Santa!)


Today I'm sharing a card using The Sweet Life. I used two techniques on this card--
kissing and reverse stamping.

I inked up the fence with green dye ink and "kissed" Hero Arts' woodgrain background stamp.
When I stamped the fence, the woodgrain design shows through. 


To have the birds facing each other, I used a reverse stamping technique that Marie (Legojenta)
shared here on YouTube, but I used a piece of acetate instead of rubber. 
All the images were colored with Copics.
I added a few splatters of ink, some faux stitching, and the sentiment that comes with the set.


Hurry over to Fresh Squeezed Stamps and let Santa know
how good you've been this year.
Go here to see the letter template and remember that there's a surprise
for everyone who participates!
Happy writing and have fun!

SUPPLIES:

8 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, I love your card. I also like the tutorial on the kissing technique. I love all the little details on your card it's so fresh & lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Cute Card D with great Techniques.....Love that Sweet Card!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, that is so so cute!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. How SWEET! Love love your reverse stamping! Yes, Virginia...I must write to Santa now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, this is fabulous! Two perfectly executed techniques on one sweet card!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today to offer your congrats - much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that you kissed the fence with woodgrain. so clever! love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete