Saturday, January 24, 2015

Floral Vines & Water


Hero Arts' stencils come in the newest and trendiest designs.
Check them out here.
For my card I used Floral Vines from Basic Grey's J'Adore line and a bit of H2O.



After ink distressing a piece of watercolor cardstock, I spritzed a bit of water
on the back of the stencil and lay it on the inked surface.
I left it on for a few seconds so the water would take away some of the color
under the stencil. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I like the effect.

I cut the panel at a tilted angle and added a gold embossed sentiment on vellum.
A few gold sequins finished off the card.

I hope you'll give this technique a try. It's quite forgiving and 
you won't get the same results twice. And it's always a surprise when you lift the stencil!

 
HERO ARTS PRODUCTS USED: