Monday, May 18, 2015

MFT Design Team Creative Challenge--In the Background



It's time for My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge, and this month,
 we're exploring the different ways to showcase background stamps

If you've been a follower of my blog, you know that thanks to Laura Bassen, I love to "smoosh"
and add color to background stamps with open spaces. MFT's Circle Background is the perfect stamp
just waiting to be smooshed! Check out Laurafadora's smooshing technique here.


After white embossing the background stamp on watercolor paper, I inked up
an acrylic block with ink, spritzed it with water and "smooshed" the paper.
The embossing resists the ink and it pools into the open spaces of the image.
Continue inking the block, spritzing it with water, and use whatever colors you like.

It's a very forgiving technique and no two results are ever the same.
 I added the sentiment and hearts, using a white gel pen to add some highlights.

Visit the MFT blog to see how some design team members got creative
with background stamps. Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. what a great background. Just love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card...so much so that I ordered (first time EVER!) two background stamps, one being circles background. You've certainly inspired me (and enabled *grin*)
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is fabulous! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done an amazing job on the 'smooshing' technique...Gorgeous color combo and I love how you black accents ground your design! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you smoosh, my dear!! You do it so well!! This is delicious!

    ReplyDelete