Monday, September 7, 2015

MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints--Hip to Be Square


Traditionally, an A2 card base is a familiar canvas that we’re accustomed to using
as a starting point for our greetings. Switching things up with a square base
provides the opportunity to challenge ourselves with a different point of view.

Our Blueprints line features a number of sets that provide every element necessary
for crafting square cards and this month, our team will demonstrate their versatility.
 

For my card, I chose the square stitched element from Blueprints 14 as the base
and die cut two pieces and joined them at the top with a folded hinge.

The central square is the largest Die-namics Double Stitched Square STAX
 stamped with Distressed Stripes in Natural ink on cream card stock.


The centerpiece is a cluster of Die-namics Falling Leaves that were colored
with a combination of inks and I swiped the edges with a bit of gold ink.
The sentiment is from Label Maker Sentiments.

For links to participating designers, visit the MFT blog to see who stepped up
to the square card challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!





9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Donna! I love the square format, and how you stamped the distressed stripes on this card...especially with your beautiful inking/blending on the leaves...Swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such beautiful rich colors and realistic leaves with a touch of gold...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your cards, but find this one particularly appealing! The colors are so uncommon but fabulous. I'm a little disappointed you didn't specify WHAT colors led to such an amazing result. Please share ..., pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Den(ise)! Thank you for your comments! I'm sorry that I didn't list colors. It's because my Peerless palette didn't come with names for the colors. I just used a variety of pinks and oranges and blended them. I may have even dabbed some Zig markers (025 pink, 070 orange) on them. After they were dried, I tapped a Delicata gold ink pad along the edges. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. This is just breathtaking Donna!! Those leaves are gorgeous!! I sound like a broken record, but your ink blending is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh soon I will look out of any window in the house and WISH the trees were indeed colored this way ... of course I would immediately think of you ... just gorgeous, Donna...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love those distressed stripes and how those gorgeous colors pop against the neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a fabulous job with your ink coloring. Beautiful card for so many reasons- the colors of the leaves, the natural look, the gold on the edges. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *swoon*!! Donna, this is exquisite, from the colors to the design - LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete