Friday, April 7, 2017

CASology #243--Icing


It's been a while since I've joined a CASology challenge! The cue word
caught my eye and I couldn't resist.


Here's how I was inspired.....iced cookies!


Truthfully, I was organizing my supplies and this set was not in its right place.
I took that as a sign. Plus, there were some cookies that were already die cut.
I just added the icing on all of them, some highlights with a white pigment pen,
and adhered them to a card. 

The sentiment? I'm sending this card to a dear friend who just went through
 a major surgery and came through with flying colors. Her warrior attitude
and resilience is so inspiring and I wanted her to know how much I admire
her strength and courage.

Thanks for stopping by today!

* * *

http://casology.blogspot.com/2017/04/week-243-weekly-winners.html

(Edited to add: My card was chosen as the weekly winner! Thanks, CASology!)




4 comments:

  1. Ah, Donna..nothing better than cookies with icing! I love how you shaded the icing, and the white lines make it look so realistic! What a wonderful card for your friend...I hope she recovers quickly! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice how things just fall into place sometimes?! ;) I love these iced cookies! Remind me of some my grandmother used to get us at the local bakery! Yum! I love how you shaded the icing too!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your well deserved win at CASology, Donna! Your 'icing' is so realistic and I love the colors! I think you're right...it was a sign :)

    ReplyDelete