Sunday, October 1, 2017

MFT October Release Countdown--Day 2




It's two days until My Favorite Things October Release! All new products will
go on sale Tuesday, October 3rd at 9PM EST in the MFT Store!


Today I'm sharing two projects, the first using the gorgeous Handwritten Holiday
sentiment set.


The font on this sentiment set is just gorgeous, and you really don't need anything
 else to let the sentiments shine. I ink distressed a watercolor panel with several
colors of Distress inks then went over with the Drifts & Hills Stencil to give the
background some dimension.

I spattered water over the surface, then cut out the panel with the Mod Rectangle 
STAX when it was dried. The sentiment was silver embossed, together with a few
snowflakes. The panel was then adhered to a Stone Gray card base.

My second card features Nice List from Pure Innocence.


The largest Mod Rectangle STAX was covered with patterned paper and hinged
with another piece to form the card base. A smaller Mod Rectangle piece was
adhered to the card, then topped with a Merry Christmas Circle.

The Pure Innocence list maker was stamped and colored with Copics, except
for her dress which was paper pieced. She was grounded with an oval shadow 
and I added two bears from my stash. A sentiment was stamped inside.

Visit today's countdown post at My Favorite Things for more peeks and inspiration
from the Creative Team. And don't forget to leave a comment there for a chance
to win a $75 prize. Hope to see you tomorrow!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful blending with your stencil and I love how you paired the PI girl with the Circle Frame! Two really lovely cards, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one!! Both cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background blending on the first card is awesome! Love the colors & simplicity of this one. Your design & layering on the sweet miss Innocence card is wonderful. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Donna. I especially like the first one. That background work with the stenciling and spatters is exquisite--a perfect setting for your die cut sentiment. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards! The first is so a calm, beautiful, and elegant card! The Christmas list card shape and teddy bears make the card exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards! The first is so a calm, beautiful, and elegant card! The Christmas list card shape and teddy bears make the card exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards !! The background on the first one is stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards!I love the background of the first one!It really reminds me of a rainy winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I love them both, but the first one just blew me away! Fabulous BG...I know I'll be stealing that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both too Donna! I love how you used the stencil on the first one and how you added the bears on the second one - excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully simple cards, the color blending is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both cards, Donna! The stenciled one is so beautiful and soothing, and the pure innocence one is so sweet. The cards have totally different feelings and you used the same mod rectangle dies for both of them. Great way of showcasing the dies! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. The background waves are beautiful with the perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete