Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Peace, love & joy

I so admire my stamping friends who are awesome fussy cutters! I've been known to change a hairdo or amputate an image--ouch! It must be my scissors...

And because I'm "scissors impaired", I love that some of my favorite stamp companies are coming out with dies that match some of their stamps.


Here's a quick card that I made using Poppystamps' new penguin stamp and die.  I clear embossed Hero Arts' Starry Sky Design Block--which kinda sorta looks like snow--then ink distressed with two different shades of distress inks.

The penguins are supposed to represent my hubby (green scarf) and me. It was quite addicting to stamp and die cut them. I have a whole army of penguins waiting to be attached to cards or tags.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today. I hope you're having a stress free week as the countdown to Christmas begins...

Stamps: Poppystamps. Hero Arts
Ink: Memento, Ranger distress ink, Fresh Ink, Versamark
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Other: Clear embossing powder, Poppystamps penguin die, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, 
Frosted Lace Stickles, dimensional adhesive

24 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest penguins, Donna! Love this darling card! Merry, Merry Christmas to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Donna, made me smile!! Sending you Merry Christmas wishes, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving stamps with die cuts too! Makes life a lot easier for me. These penguins are precious - love the snow scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great cute pair of penguins Donna!
    Wishing you a joyous Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna your stary sky is beautiful. The graduation in lighting is a fabulous contrast for the cute penguins on the snowy hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how adorable!! the starry sky is just beautiful... thought it was a dp! super cute card layout!! have a wonderful holiday!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Donna, love that gorgeous background, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinkin cute Donna! Love that it's your hubby and you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH! This is a stamp and die??? LOOOOOOOOVE! I love that background! Amazing card, Donna:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee, the idea of clear embossing a background stamp and then using two shades of distress inks was a new idea for me even though I've been stamping for decades. Thank you for the clever technique. I'm going to try it out before putting away my Christmas supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww this is just way too cute!! Love that background too! Gorgeous card Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. how cute Donna. It great that the companies are making dies with their stamps. It certainly makes it easy to get nice cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design Donna, I love your beautiful sky and your sweet penguins! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw... this is super duper adorable, Donna! Love your beautiful design! I haven't been making card, I think I forget how to make them anymore! :) After seeing your card, I think I will try to make one today! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Donna, this is sooo cute! LOVE the gradient background and those cutie little penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw...so cute...the penguins just look so adorable like you...
    so simple but VERY CUTE!!!!
    I love your style...
    I am really a fan of yours!
    Merry Xmas and a Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww this card is so cute! And the distressed background is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this...such a happy and cute card!! Hope you had a Wonderful Holiday...xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. super duper cute! such a sweet card, Donna! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG is this ever cute!! Dies for penguins? I'm sold! And I LOVE the beautifully inked sky.

    ReplyDelete