Thursday, June 26, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch 82


CAS(E) this Sketch 82 is a fun one by N@ Ali. 


Here's my literal take on it.


I masked off a portion of some watercolor paper and inked it with
Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn distress inks, then spattered it with water.
The origami fox and speech bubble sentiment were colored with Copics,
die cut with the matching dies, then mounted on the inked background.

Ooh, and see that cool "hill" behind the fox? That could only be done with the new
mini blending tool! Totally unplanned, but I'm happy it wasn't a square hill...

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see how my teammates interpreted the sketch
and join us if you can. Link up your card(s) by Thursday, July 3rd.

On a sad note, this is the last challenge for Jen who is stepping down from the team.
Best of luck to you, Jen.....we'll miss you!



17 comments:

  1. Oh my perfection! Love your perfectly masked off inked and splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the landscape that you gave him and that it is splattered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT inking! Love the water droplets and shades of colors! I adore the round hills as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful Donna, what an awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Donna--this is just wonderful! Your background is amazing (gotta remember to use water splotches on my Distress Inks!) & terrific coloring of that adorable fox & the unique speech bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo sweet! Love this little scene and how you've framed it in black. Very cute! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is adorable! I love that background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute Donna. The hill turned out perfect... of course you planned it like that no doubt!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donnnaaaaa this is reallly really cuuuteee love the scene you made I too Love the water droplets and shades of colors and the combo of the colors...Perfect HILL...I adore this too Donna...big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your clever take on the sketch, Donna, so PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take Donna! That background is so stunning as well.
    Thank You for your kind words also ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute Donna! I keep looking at that stamp set thinking should I buy it and I think you have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, this one is frame-worthy... I must take lessons from you on masking!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a fabulous take on the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete