Saturday, June 27, 2015

Are You Playing Tic Tac Toe?



You have a few more days to enter Hero Arts Tic Tac Toe Challenge
and win a $30 gift voucher to the Hero Arts Online Store!


From the graphic I chose the vertical row on the left and made a shaped card.
I was a huge fan of shaped cards and every shape of Spellbinders was my best friend.


The background stamp is Lia Griffith's new woodgrain and I watercolored
the butterfly after gold embossing it.


To create a shaped card, cut an identical piece for the back and score about 1/2"
from one edge to create the "hinge". Apply adhesive above the score line and join
the two pieces together at the top. Your card should stand nicely.

And did you notice that I gave my Hero Arts gemstones some love?
They were the perfect touch of bling!

Visit the challenge gallery for inspiration and link up your project(s) by June 30th.
Go here for all the deets and guidelines and we hope you'll play along!
 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness Donna! Love the gold embossing and soft background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! I love the green and that butterfly is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card, Donna! I love your water colored butterfly and the soft green woodgrain background is perfect for a circle card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and exotic! I love your card my Friend!
    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! and the bling really does add the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green cardstock you've chosen is so pretty, Donna - made spectacular with the wood-grain added! You know how much I love that butterfly, right? Gorgeous...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. The subtle wood grain on the mint is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Donna,

    How lovely making a circle card, I too went through a stage of making shaped cards! Now, I'm lucky if I get one done at all - LOL. Always love to see what you come up with. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a long time since I've made a shaped card, Donna. Yours is perfect with that lovely watercolor butterfly on top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty - love the pops of color on the butterfly and the woodgraiin in green. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love the round shape and the woodgrain and of course that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, another beautiful butterfly card! I made a whole set of cards that was inspired by YOU, my dear friend, after seeing your last butterfly card for the Tic Tac Toe challenge. Thanks for the continued inspiration...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy! I'll pay a visit to your blog ASAP! Hugs!

      Delete
  13. The wood-grain in green,wow very exotic and the amazing embossed butterfly combined with the lovely sentiment!
    Your creation looks so nice,can´t be topped!

    ReplyDelete