Sunday, August 6, 2017

MFT August Release Countdown--Day 2



We're almost there! It's Day 2 of My Favorite Things August Release Countdown!

Today I'm sharing a project using More Monsters stamp set and matching Die-namics.
With school just around the corner, I thought little lunch box notes with these fun
critters would make your little (and grown up) monsters smile big.


All the monsters were stamped with Distress Oxide inks and sometimes double stamped
in several colors using the Misti. The funnest part is stamping in the eyes and details
which bring these little guys to life.

I prepped smaller A2 sized cards (3.5" x 4 7/8") from Smooth White card stock. Using
the Gray and White Basics paper pad, I cut 3.25" by 4 5/8" pieces, then cut the center
out using the Rectangle Shaker Frame.


I assembled all the cards and popped up the little monster in each of the frames,
then stamped the sentiment beneath them. I added little pops of color with stars
and hearts from my stash and Nuvo Drops on the eyes. Aren't these fun?

For more inspiration and peeks at the August Release, visit today's Countdown
post at My Favorite Things and be sure to leave a comment there for a chance
to win a $75 prize!

 

15 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card set, Donna! I love the bold colors that you chose for the images and your subtle patterned papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable monster set of cards!! Love them. great job. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your friendly monsters! What a great card set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these human friendly, not scary monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little monsters and I really like you choices in the backgrounds. Really makes the little cuties stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little monster cards are delightful! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love each of the projects using this monster set, and the sentiments are cute and some comical. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete