Friday, August 4, 2017

MFT August Release Countdown--Day 4



Welcome back to My Favorite Things August Release Countdown!

This month Birdie Brown has Halloween covered with Fab-Boo-Lous Friends--
an assortment of tiny ghosts and goblins with some very punny sentiments!

I couldn't resist their cuteness and made two cards for today's countdown.
The first card uses the set with the new Stitched Collage Frame.


I started off by stenciling a spooky sky with the Stencil Mini Cloud Edges and
Distress Oxide inks on watercolor card stock, then trimmed it with the rectangle
element from BP24. The frame was cut from Latté card stock and adhered over
the inked piece, then adhered to a Kraft card base.

Then came the fun--stamping, coloring, and cutting the adorable little ghosts
and goblins, and adhering them inside the frame. The sentiment was white
embossed and I finished off the card with white star sequins.



My second card a simple one layer panel. Several images were white embossed
on watercolor card stock, then ink distressed with Distress Oxides and misted
lightly with water.

Using a waterbrush, I "took away" some of the color for a bit of interest.
The panel was cut with the rectangle element from BP 24 and adhered to
a Primitive Cream card base, then finished off with sequins.

Visit today's Countdown post at My Favorite Things for more peeks at
the August Release and don't forget to leave a comment there for a chance
to win a $75 prize!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards!Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute Halloween cards. Love all the colors showcasing this new release set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two awesome and clever cards- terrific sky in the first card that says Halloween! The second card really makes the ghosties ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee - fab-boo-lous fro sure. Super cards Donna, and with your trademark brilliant inking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Release! Awesome cards! I especially love your Collage card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Love this set. Great job and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I'm a sucker for cute Halloween cards and your duo here: totally smitten! Wouldn't I have fun making 60+ of these (esp. the first one!) for my niece and nephew's classmates? I'd have to start soon *grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two delightful cards, Donna. The ghost card is a clever idea with all the images in white! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very ghoulish of you Donna! I think this BB set is too cute. Love them both. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and fun Halloween cards, Donna! The little ghosts and goblins are colored so pretty, and I love how you stencilled the clouds in the spooky sky! The one layer card is simple and charming. The white pops against the beautiful ink distressed background. Love both of them! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this card is just cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy halloween collage card. So fun, and the colors are great as well.

    ReplyDelete